Midwest Tube Mills manufacturers steel tubing for a wide variety of mechanical applications.
Our tubing is made to the highest quality standards. All of our products deliver consistent
quality and long-term strength and reliability.
Our MTM Mechanical product is ideal for the following applications:
- Vehicle Frames/Trailers
- Metal & Fabric Structures
- Conveyor Systems
Triple Layer Coating
Our tubing features the identical triple layer coating process as our MT series product.
A triple layer of OD corrosion protection consisting of a zinc bath, an intermediate conversion coat and
clear vacuum-sealed top coat is then added to provide maximum protection and durability.
The ID is zinc coated prior to forming.
- Square Tubing is available in gauges ranging from 12 to 18 with sizes ranging from 2” to 2.50”
- Rectangular Tubing is available in gauges from 12 to 18 with sizes ranging from 1” x 2” to 2” x 3”
- Swaging-MTM offers swaging on 1.315”, 1.660” and 1.900” O.D. tubing. Swaging eliminates the need
for tube fitting, reduces the opportunity for leaks while increasing the I.D. of the tubing.
- Notching/Coping - on 1.315” tubing for perfect fittings and weldments.
- Custom Cut-to-Length - for O.D.s from 1.315” to 2.875.”
- O.D. Finishing - MTM can provide polishing and sanding on O.D.s of all round tubing and powder
coating on all mechanical products.
Custom color coating is available on all of our mechanical tubing products using our
state-of-the-art polyester coating and our heavy 10 mil polyolefin process. Polyester coating meets
ASTM D523. Adhesion is in compliance with cross hatch test ASTM D3359 B. Polyolefin Elastomer
Powder Coating is in compliance with the following ASTM requirements:
Pencil Hardness: 2H, ASTM D3363. Impact: 160+inch Pounds, ASTM D 2794.
Weathering: Weatherometer 1,000 hours, ASTM 1499.